Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation Review

Happy Tuesday!! This morning I was relaxing on my cozy couch thinking of a product to review on my blog and after a few minutes it was clear that the product I must review is the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation!

I had heard great things about this foundation from a few different beauty gurus for months (the line has been out for a while now), but couldn't decide whether to try it out. I tend to be a person of habit especially when I'm already using a product I really like (which was my Clinique Superbalanced Makeup). Then on Christmas Day I opened my stocking to find a bottle of the CG Ready Set Gorgeous and so of course I had to try it out!! While I haven't been using it very long, I am OBSESSED! It is just one of those products where I knew from the first application that it was going to be a new favorite.

The foundation is a medium coverage, but definitely buildable. I have some acne so in those areas I apply a little extra foundation to cover it up. You can definitely sheer it down too if you want a more light coverage. What I really love about this foundation is that it dries matte, leaving the skin looking so smooth. Another plus is that I don't find this foundation to be heavy on the face and in my experience it doesn't get cakey.

For my skin tone which is more of a light beige color (but not super pale) number 115 works perfectly! I know it can be difficult to figure out your color at the drugstore but you can always look at different color swatches online and compare the shades other people are using with their skin tones to your skin tone. Here's a picture in which I was wearing the foundation and swatches of it on the back of my hand.



The first swatch makes the foundation seem like it's maybe not the right color, but when blended in it is perfect for my skin tone and takes away some of the redness of my skin.

I absolutely love this foundation and you really cannot go wrong for the price!

No comments:

Post a Comment