Friday, September 19, 2014

Stila In the Light Eye Shadow Palette Review & Swatches


After much contemplation over whether to purchase the Stila In the Light Palette, I took the leap and I must say it was a great decision. Ulta was having a sale that reduced the palette price from $39 to $20 so in my mind, I couldn't go wrong! Anyways, if you are a person who loves more neutral colors, both matte & glitter, then you will probably enjoy this palette. Take a look at the swatches:

Picture above and below taken inside with flash.

colors from left to right: Bare, Kitten, Bliss, Sunset, Sandstone, Bubbly, Gilded Gold, Luster, Night Sky & Ebony


Picture above and below taken outside in natural lighting.



Since I'm still in the experimenting stage with this palette, I have yet to decide which eye shadow shades are my favorite, but I must say that I do really like all of them. I often wear more shimmery gold/silver shadows with matte tan/browns together so this palette is perfect for me. I find that the shadows have great pigmentation and are long-lasting. With Urban Decay's primer potion, they stay on my eyelids all day without creasing and look just as good at the end of my day as when I put them on in the morning. It does seem like if you didn't use a primer that you would have more fallout throughout the day, whereas with a primer the only fallout I have is a bit when I am first applying the more glittery shadows to my eyelids. The formula is not dry and not powdery (shadow doesn't fly up when you put your brush on the shadows in the palette). Also, I find the shadows to be smooth and creamy despite their more glittery appearance. I haven't tried the Damsel (brown) liner that it comes with that much yet, but I would say that at least for me it is smudge proof. When I swatched it on my hand it was hard to get off, but I really like that aspect. I hate when eyeliner moves around throughout the day.


the palette includes this mirror on the inside!

it also includes a Stila brown smudge stick waterproof liner.


Now to address what I don't like about this palette. The problem I have with it, luckily, is the not eyeshadows themselves, but the packaging. The cardboard is not the best quality and I feel that over time the palette lid will probably fly open versus stay in place. I can deal with this though because I love the eye shadows so much.

Let me know what you all think of the palette!

No comments:

Post a Comment