Saturday, October 10, 2015

Embracing the Cowl Neck

We can all relate to loving certain styles of clothing, but feeling that we personally just cannot pull off the style. Lately I've been really thinking about this issue (yes I consider it to be a real dilemma) and I realized that if I like a style I need to get rid of the "I can't pull this off" mentality. Having this blog has really encouraged me to try out styles that I previously would have shied away from and honestly, I think that everyone needs to step out of their clothing "comfort zone."    


For me, cowl necked tops and dresses have always been the items that I've loved on others but felt I wouldn't look good in. On a whim, I picked out this cowl neck beige tunic from The Mint Julep Boutique and lets just say that I'm planning on stepping out of my comfort zone more often. Before going on and on about my obsession with this outfit, I must say that this boutique seriously has the CUTEST clothes and I like that they are pretty affordable. I can almost guarantee you that you will have a hard time choosing just one item when you head over to do some online retail therapy ;) Also, I wanted to let you know that for the next week I'm hosting a giveaway where you can win a $25 e-gift card to The Mint Julep Boutique. For details you can head on over to my Instagram account! 

Okay...back to my love for this Fall look! This oatmeal colored tunic is so comfortable and soft, which, in my opinion, is essential for any sweater-like top. Nobody wants to feel itchy all day! Also, can we talk about the alternating pattern of it?! I think it's so cute & makes the tunic even more stylish. For the rest of the look, I kept it simple, pairing black leggings and my favorite black leather boots with gold accessories. The watch is so classic looking and the bangle bracelet is one of my favorite jewelry items to wear. As for my purse, how cute is this Dooney & Bourke City Barlow bag?! I've been using it on repeat since I got it and I'm in love. 













Top c/o | Leggings | Boots, Steve Madden, old, similar here | Purse c/o | Watch | Ring | Necklace | Bangle Bracelet  

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to head over to Instagram to enter the giveaway! 
xoxo Kendall 

No comments:

Post a Comment