Wednesday, January 28, 2015

New Lip Products! Swatches & Reviews of some NYX Butter Glosses, Sonia Kashuk Velvety Matte Lip Crayons, & Maybelline Color Elixirs

Hi loves!! Recently I went shopping with friends and picked up a few new products, many of which were lip ones. As promised, this blog post is to show you the swatches of all the lip products! 

If you're interested in seeing the video, check it out here:



To start, I picked up two butter glosses by NYX. I have heard so much hype about these glosses as I'm sure many of you have because of their affordability and great quality. After trying them (even if it's only been a few days) I can honestly say that the hype about these products is so true. The gloss goes on very smooth, feels nice on the lips (not drying), and the pigmentation is great! Also, the smell of these is amazing! It is a sweet smell like a sugar cookie / cupcake. Below are the swatches of the two I picked up, which are Tiramisu & Devil's Food Cake. I like these glosses so much that I can guarantee you that I will be going back to Ulta to pick up some more colors.



The top one is Tiramisu and bottom one is Devil's Food Cake (swatch picture taken with no flash)

I also picked up two Velvety Matte Lip Crayons at target from Sonia Kashuk in the colors Nudey Nude and Blossomy Nude. I was very impressed with these as well. They weren't drying, which is sometimes difficult for matte lip products and went on smoothly when applied. I will say that I feel they have a kinda weird smell to them, but it isn't an unbearable one that would prevent me from purchasing more of these.



Top color: Nudey Nude
Bottom color: Blossomy Nude
(picture taken with flash)
left: nudey nude
right: blossomy nude
(picture taken with no flash)

The last lip product is the Maybelline Color Elixir in the shade Caramel Infused. For a gloss, I didn't find this to be too sticky and it is very pretty. While this shade is more on the sheer side, it still has great pigmentation and is a color that will go with many eye looks. It is definitely more of a pink shade than a brown one (unlike the name caramel implies).



Maybelline color elixir - caramel infused

Hope everyone has a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment