Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Purses & Polishes

Growing up I always remember my mom carrying nice handbags of various designers, one of which was Dooney & Bourke. Now I want to note that she did not have them to brag or show off, but simply because she loved them. Her love for handbags is something that rubbed off on me and as I reflect back on growing up, I can recall many special occasions that were marked by receiving a purse. I truly believe that there is something special about a nice purse. It becomes your prized possession, an item that holds significance because of the memories connected with it. With that being said, when I was thinking of holiday gift ideas to share, I knew that a purse was a must. Then of course, what's a purse without beautifully manicured nails to hold it right?! With the holiday season already here, today I'm combining my love of purses & polishes with a little help from Dooney & Bourke.


Before jumping into the three purse and polish combos I've created, I want to say how much I love this brand. Dooney & Bourke has been around for a long time, but the quality of their handbags remains exceptional and they have so many new designs out that are modern yet classic. Each nail look I created was inspired by their fabulous purses.



1) The Peppermint Twist- The holidays are the perfect time to rock pops of bright red. For this nail look, I polished my nails with OPI's Big Apple Red & then on the ring fingers I added white stripes with OPI's Alpine Snow. When combined with Dooney's Saffiano Sawyer crossbody, this look is perfect for a holiday party.



2) The Classic- For the girl who prefers a more subtle, but elegant look a french manicure is the way to go. Once again using OPI's Alpine Snow, I created the tips of the french manicure and then I topped it off with Essie's Gel Setter topcoat for the glossy finish. When paired with the Pebble Grain Kendall Crossbody, this look is great for spending quality time with family and friends.



3) The Glam Girl- During this festive season, there are so many occasions that require dressing up and for me, holidays + dressing up means looking classy while having a little shine. For this look, I chose to polish my nails with Sinful Color's Supernova for that shine factor and then to make it a little more fun I used OPI's Alpine Snow to add polka dots to the ring fingers. To add in the classy aspect, I paired the nail look with the Alto Valentina. This look is perfect for a night on the town.




I hope these looks inspire you. Don't forget to check out Dooney's new purses here
Thanks for reading! 
xoxo Kendall 

No comments:

Post a Comment